By default, NetSuite accounts that use the Multi-Location Inventory feature have a limit in terms of the number of locations that can be created in NetSuite. Only 100 active Location records can be used in a NetSuite instance.
The following are the options available to by-pass this location limit:
- Utilize Classification records such as Class or Department records.
- Use Bin records in NetSuite.
- Enable Advanced Item Location Configuration feature. This feature is only available for NetSuite accounts that purchased the paid add-on NetSuite Module called Advanced Inventory Module.
In cases where the Advanced Inventory Module was not purchased or Advanced Item Location Configuration feature cannot be reasonably enabled after further testing or if it will break existing customizations, a case can be filed with NetSuite Support to increase the limit to more than 100 locations.
Need NetSuite help? Our NetSuite Innovation team is standing by.
Check out more Suite Guides:
- How to Partial Bill a Purchase Order with Expense Categories
- How to Setup Outsourced Manufacturing in NetSuite
- How to Determine if a Native NetSuite Page is Scriptable
- How to Show the Balances Per Month in The Consolidated Balance Sheet
- How to Fix XML Ampersand Error in NetSuite
- How to Conduct The First Bank Reconciliation After Trial Balance Imports